Coconut Cookie with Coconut Oil
While I was on a dairy free diet for the year that I breastfed I had to find alternatives to every dessert recipe I had because they all had butter as the main ingredient. This coconut cookie made with coconut oil is really good and you can’t even tell that it doesn’t have butter.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut oil, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut.
- I like to chill my dough before baking. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart, they will spread slightly when they bake.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted.
Trackback from your site.